Saturday, January 10, 2009

Custom Ringtones for my iPhone

So, I figured out how to place custom ringtones in the ringtone folder inside the iPhone. To view every single file I have on my iPhone I use a 3rd Party Application (MAC) called DiskAid. It's very easy...I just found the folder that said ringtones and placed in my ringtone. But! It wasn't that easy, Apple is clever enough to use an "odd" file format, (m4r) yeah!? I never heard of it either. 

I did research and found out that I should open the song in iTunes. Then create an AAC version of it. Once, I created the AAC version I just dragged it to my desktop. From the desktop I renamed it to song.m4r. It worked and it converted and it said RING in the little icon. So, after that I dragged it right into the ringtones folder. I looked in my settings and saw it was there. It works! YAY! Remember: I unlock and jailbreak ANY iPhone. 

-Blaze
(comment-name/url or anonymous)

No comments:

Post a Comment