Friday, January 2, 2009

MY LITTLE MODDED APP


Well, I found an app online for OSX and downloaded it to my MacBook. It quickly spread like wildfire to all my friends. The name of the app was iAlertu. It was a simple app that would ring and take a picture every time someone tampered with your laptop. I figured, "Hey, I can mod this and have a better iAlertu then anyone here!". So, I started playing around with it and found the app and went into the folder that contained the sounds as well as the pictures. It was very simple, each sound file being a .aif, an easy file to convert to in iMovie HD. 

Well, all the files were named something(caralarm.aiff). What you have to do is put together a sound clip and change the name and format to the same thing and replace it. That's it, the funny thing is noone knows how to do it. So, every time someone touches my laptop barking dogs go off versus the default annoying alarm. 

3 comments: